Wednesday, February 4, 2009

our little miracle!



This week marks a very special time in our lives. It was 5 years ago that we found out I was pregnant. Shaun and I had been married for five months. I was 18 and he was 20. We were very young and to be honest with you, we were very scared! We wondered if we would be any good at being parents. (I think we've done a pretty good job!) Katelyn was born in August of 2004. She was 7 lbs. 4 oz. and she was perfect! She was born with a condition called laryngo malasia. Its where the throat isn't fully constructed. Katelyn spent the first four days of her life in the NICU fighting to breath on her own. After three days she was released from the hospital and me were able to take our baby home. Shaun was so nervous when we brought her home, he even suggested that we leave her at the hospital for a little longer. Just to be sure she would be alright! At 3 months old, we took Katelyn to Primary Children's Hospital in Salt Lake to have surgery. I remember every part of that day. The doctor took her out of my arms and told us to give her kisses. He reminded us of the risks that came with any surgery. Katelyn was only given a 50/50 chance of survival, since she was so young. 30 minutes later, the doctor came out to tell us that she was doing good! They wouldn't even need to keep her overnight as they had planned and she was released to us about 6 hours later. I think of all that we went through during her first few months of life and to this day she is my miracle baby! Although katy wasn't planned, we wouldn't change anything! Our lives have been touch by her in a way that is indescribable. She always knows how to bring a smile to our faces. We couldn't imagine our lives without Katelyn. There isn't a day that goes by that we don't thank god for out little miracle.

2 comments:

Max ~Alysa~ Deegan~Paden said...

I can't believe you have been married for five years, time flies. Hope everything is going well for you and your family.

Unknown said...

Robyn, I didn't know you had a blog. Your daughter is beautiful!! She is a true miracle. I hope you don't mind me checking your blog out now and then.